Overweight looking for suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,
I am currently a 5'2'' and 200lb female... I have always had a hard time finding rental suits that fits properly so I am looking to purchase one of my own. I don't want to spend alot of money because I am in the process of losing weight, but I find that the idea of renting suits keeps me from diving at times. I am looking forward to alot of diving this summer but am having a hard time finding a suit to purchase that would fit comfortably. Does anyone know of any brands etc. that I might try.
Thanks!

A custom is really the way to go. The cost will be on par with a good stock suit and you will have a ready made path for alterations as you become an off the rack gal. Stretch suits are a poor solution if you really need warmth and WI you will.

We have had had experience with Horizon, working through LiquidFit at the time. WetWear frequently gets high marks here. Other sure sure to chime in. If your local shop represents a custom house consider going that route so they can measure and take some responsibility.

More here.

Pete

A good custom suit manu, will down size your suit as you down size and either chage you nothing or a minimal fee

For real girl... Henderson. Just look for something appox your height. Then try it on. Yes yes I know your looking at the weight and thinking NO NO NO I'm not that weight. Just try it on. These are the streachyest suits I've ever ran into. I ran your BMI and you and I are the pretty close to the same I'm 5 9 240 and in a 14 suit. So all things being about mathematically equal you should be able to try on of their suits on in a 2 or 4. It'd be worth a try anyway.

They are expensive suits but you might have some luck getting last years model for less. Compared to my previous "normal" suit this one fits, not to long, and I can get in and out of it really quick. I love that suit.

I agree with the custom route and as someone pointed out they can take in your suit as you lose weight. It's no fun to dive in an ill fitting wetsuit.

With custom make sure you have a friend measure you out according to instructions very carefully and more than once.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom