OW Ceritification Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WinDuck

Registered
Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone for all their advice and support, without you I wouldn't have made it. My proplugs worked wonders for helping my ears to equalize.

Day 1: 3 Dives. temp 55, vis 5- 10ft., depth 18 - 39 feet
Too early in the morning. Water too cold, too much gear to wear, thermaskin,
7mm wetsuit, 7mm hooded vest, 7mm gloves, booty. 32lbs weights. Monterey - Breakwater is very very very cold, especially when you are waiting around on the tetherline waiting to do your skill. Skills went well, couldn't wait to get out the the water and get warm. All in all enjoyed my first set of dives.

Day 2: 2 dives, temp 55, vis 10ft, Depth 25 feet
Too early too cold. Continued with skills, learned Navigation. Instead of 32lbs, I dropped it down to 30 lbs, worked great, I just need to remember to exhale completely and slowly to decend.

Important things witnessed and learned: I cannot over emphasize, people learn your gear, don't count on someone else to tell you how it works. Bring a save a dive kit, ( I did and save the dive or others, not a problem) Spare mask and snorkle if you have it. Try to keep a level head and not panic, don't go beyond what your comfort level is. Relax relax relax, don't rush.

Overall I enjoyed the experience. Definetly a confidence builder. Saw some great sea life. I now on my way to being one with the turtle. Slow, peaceful, relaxed.

DiveON

Buy a drysuit :)

Back
Top Bottom