OWN your Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read your other thread and there were a lot of things that made me cringe. Considering it was your wife’s first ocean dive and your first time back at diving in at least 10 years, I’m really surprised the DM agreed to take you both to 80 feet, let alone 116 feet, and that you were both comfortable with 80, too.

We live and learn. Experiences like these and reading those of others help make us better divers.

Sounds like a refresher course would have been appropriate. Sharpening up long forgotten skills would have probably made the whole situation unproblematic. Learn from it and move on.

For the record, it wasn't my weight. It was an extra he was carrying with him. I told him something to the effect of, "Hell, I would have paid you for the weight!"

So, did you "pay" him (tip) for that air? Extra. A lot?

Paid for the dive and did tip 20% (Not sure what you consider a lot)

Dives in Mexico are....what... 650 Pesos? So you tipped him 130 Pesos.

In US Dollars, that 20% tip would be, ahh....$6.50.

How much is air worth if you don't have any? In Mexico. But then figure, what, 1/2 of that because he left you to chase him down.

Round it up to $7.oo ?

The guy that dropped the lead weight owes him at least a shiny new dime.

His week is made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom