Oxidation on fiberglass boat-chime in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Sun state boat owners how do you keep your boats looking so good?
cleaners to remove oxidation?
wax or space age crap?
Hey let me know your tips or tricks as I just got done buffing and waxing my real small boat and its a job and I dont mind to do it good for upper body work out and boy I need it!
Thanks and Dive safe,
Brad

try to get white compound,compound hull then use a wax..compound gets out all inbeded dirt/stains..I have a white hull privateer and it works fine on it..

Aloha Brad:
For all your boating issues, especially one that are not getting helped here, check out this boating site. I learned a ton just lurking there. I use Collinite 920 boat cleaner followed by Collinite 885 fleetwax. Follow the instructions: dont try to cover too big an area. http://www.thehulltruth.com/

moneysavr:
Hey Sun state boat owners how do you keep your boats looking so good?
cleaners to remove oxidation?
wax or space age crap?
Hey let me know your tips or tricks as I just got done buffing and waxing my real small boat and its a job and I dont mind to do it good for upper body work out and boy I need it!
Thanks and Dive safe,
Brad

Get off boat from long day. Hire cute boat guy. Have boat put on a rack outside of restaurant/tiki bar. Order margarita and watch boat guy work-out. That is just my recipe :) Worked great for years.

Missdirected:
Get off boat from long day. Hire cute boat guy. Hon a rack . Order margarita and watch boat guy work-out. That is just my recipe :) Worked great for years.

Uhm,
The cute boat guy,, I wonder if I could find some cute boat cleaning gals? Now that could work! clad in some tight,, well now back to the boat waxing I like the drink deal too!
Brad

If you ever use one of those polymer products like NewGlass, you won't be able to wax your boat again until you chemically strip off the polymer.
If you think detailing a hull with rubbing compound and wax is brutal, try a hull chemical strip.
Missd once again hit the nail on the head when she suggested that you hire someone. You're up there in Wisconsin - try to find some illegal immigrants who need cash - they make great workers. Lots of Hmong up there. Jeffrey Dahmer didn't manage to eat all of them.

moneysavr:
Uhm,
The cute boat guy,, I wonder if I could find some cute boat cleaning gals? Now that could work! clad in some tight,, well now back to the boat waxing I like the drink deal too!
Brad

Boat work here in the summer is brutal, to say the least. Hosing it down when I am done is fine but actual work, no way, not in the summertime. Another plus is if you have too many of those drinks, you can have them put the boat back in the water, in a slip, and sleep on it for the night. Get up and do the same routine in the morning:D

Brad ,
I owned a detail shop in il (not far from you) for 13 years ....i have extensive training on glass ....i can point you in the right direction to keep you boat looking good . I did a boa once that it took 7 years before it started to fade ....no it wasn't kept inside lol...i will p m you with my # any questions just ask
Gary

ck your p m box ...I was that cute boat guy ! lol ..now i have a bad back ,I had a detail shop for 13 years in il ...not in the biz anymore but i do know a few things that will make your life easier and save you time and money
how does that sound ...i'm not selling anything ,just helping out a fellow diver ...
Talk to you soon
Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom