Oxygen analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any use buying an o2 analyzer if you strictly dive air? I never exceed 110' depth and only dive air but wondering if there is any use getting an o2 analyzer to make sure overseas dive ops are actually giving me air. Am i just being paranoid?

I'd buy a CO analyzer first. CO is a huge issue irrespective of air vs. nitrox. I would definitely use a O2 analyzer if I fill in a place that fills nitrox/O2 tanks and there is a chance that they would put in a higher O2 % mix in my tanks. If I want air, I want to make sure that it is air indeed in my tanks. Nitrox in my Tank with MOD shallower than my intended depth can be a killer.

I'd buy a CO analyzer first. CO is a huge issue irrespective of air vs. nitrox. I would definitely use a O2 analyzer if I fill in a place that fills nitrox/O2 tanks and there is a chance that they would put in a higher O2 % mix in my tanks. If I want air, I want to make sure that it is air indeed in my tanks. Nitrox in my Tank with MOD shallower than my intended depth can be a killer.

Most of my dives are caribbean or dive ops. I rarely stop by the fill shop as I rent tanks. I guess best way to know is to get a combo co and o2 analyzer. So what happens if I get an o2 reading above or below 20.9%? What is the minimum and maximum variance thats safe?

Most of my dives are caribbean or dive ops. I rarely stop by the fill shop as I rent tanks. I guess best way to know is to get a combo co and o2 analyzer. So what happens if I get an o2 reading above or below 20.9%? What is the minimum and maximum variance thats safe?

For CO, I would never accept anything with more than 3ppm. For the O2% part, if I want 20.9/21% (air), then it should be that, not more and not less. If I want Nitrox, above 21%, then it should have what I'll need for my anticipated max. depth, MOD, with some padding for safety. Note that for Nitrox, most places bank 32% with few having the ability or desire to do custom mixes, typically at extra cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom