oxygen cell input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackice, et al,

If you didn't notice it, I did post on another thread that Gene's assistant said yesterday that there is a re-design planned for those buttons. There is also a work-around available for those times when you want to activate it bare-handed. PM me an I'll fill you in!:wink:

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
Blackice, et al,

If you didn't notice it, I did post on another thread that Gene's assistant said yesterday that there is a re-design planned for those buttons. There is also a work-around available for those times when you want to activate it bare-handed. PM me an I'll fill you in!:wink:

I hope he DOESN'T redesign it!

With gloves they are the absolute best.. Its definately positive feedback.. on the bare finger it can be a bit taxing, I hated it when I first tried it with a bare hand... I found I got used to it after a day or two of diving.. I don't even notice it anymore... with the single button confirmation its pretty easy on the finger tips, doing a manual switch (2 buttons) does put a bit more disconfort on your fingertips until you get used to it....

One of my students who I regularly dive with said the same, he loves it with gloves but it took a while to get used to with a bare hand.. The buttons have alot of movement so a simple cap on each should relieve any disconfort.. I never bothered looking since I got used to it..

I really hate to disagree with someone with your diving credentials and experience. Maybe I'm a wuss, or my paws are sensitive, or something. I found those darn buttons to be painful with bare finger tips! I tried them with light scuba gloves, and it didn't seem to help alot. I took to bending the tip of the strap around to use as a pad. Maybe it is because the unit I have is so new? Any ideas? A lot of other people seem to have the same comment about them!

To paraphrase Paul Harvey: "I'm standing by for news!":book2:

and I don't think they even lube the O-Rings that they slide thru. Like I mentioned before, I can't see a reason they they couldn't use 3/16" dia material. In the meantime, it's gloves or puncture wounds to the finger tips.

Darlene

Still wouldn't trade it though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom