Oxygen Clean Tank Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a good point. We often hear people says things like "if you put a non O2 cleaned regulator onto your tank, your tank is no longer O2 cleaned". But what about when you hook up your compressor while PP blending?
Or do people have fancy compressors when nitrox filling?

Side question, is it big explosions that we're primarily concerned with when dealing with O2 or are we worried that there will be small scale combustion in the cylinder/valve that puts high CO in our breathing gas?
this one im curious

do we hear a boom! ?

a pfffft ?

seriously. a silent mini explosion causing co2 is dangerous...

this one im curious

do we hear a boom! ?

a pfffft ?

seriously. a silent mini explosion causing co2 is dangerous...

It would be CO, not CO2 and you guys overthink and worry too much.

A valve right out of the bag is fine for pure O2. I’ve done it literally thousands of times in the last 30 years as one of the first shops in the world to start offering Nitrox and O2 in 1986.

Relax a little.

It would be CO, not CO2 and you guys overthink and worry too much.

A valve right out of the bag is fine for pure O2. I’ve done it literally thousands of times in the last 30 years as one of the first shops in the world to start offering Nitrox and O2 in 1986.

Relax a little.

hi this is what i was clarifying... i had new valves installed on some tanks. and now im getting into Nitrox blending. for the record i certified for that.

so ..... im there using those same valves and tanks. rated 40% nitrox. 6months old. being filled only with air by my own compressor.... This thread i was asking, since the 40% Nitrox valves have o-rings that are viton... can i wash them with simply green and regrease everything with o2 compliant grease..... so i can do PP blending on this tank

hi this is what i was clarifying... i had new valves installed on some tanks. and now im getting into Nitrox blending. for the record i certified for that.

so ..... im there using those same valves and tanks. rated 40% nitrox. 6months old. being filled only with air by my own compressor.... This thread i was asking, since the 40% Nitrox valves have o-rings that are viton... can i wash them with simply green and regrease everything with o2 compliant grease..... so i can do PP blending on this tank

Are you pumping OCA? If so. I wouldn’t bother cleaning anything. If so, just run with it.

Are you pumping OCA? If so. I wouldn’t bother cleaning anything. If so, just run with it.
what do you mean pumping OCA?

No cleaning? well.... just wana be thorough... or be sure.... that the last person who installed the valve could have used silicon grease on the neck o ring....

what do you mean pumping OCA?

No cleaning? well.... just wana be thorough... or be sure.... that the last person who installed the valve could have used silicon grease on the neck o ring....

OCA = Oxygen Compatible Air.
If you send a sample of your compressor gas to the lab, they’ll send you a report saying FAIL, Grade E or OCA

Frankly, that’s a bigger concern than blowing up.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom