Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norm

Reaction score
Of those of you owning an oxygen rig for deco, (100% O2, NOT nitrox), what brand of reg do you use for deco? Since these regs will see shallow water use only I went with a cheap reg and it has given excellent performance for nearly 5 years now. I did the initial tear down, cleaning, and rebuilding of the reg when new.

I just use a cheap OMS reg the only downside is the purge button clearence in the housing is too tight and sand gets trapped real easily and causes it to stick.... Twice this summer I had to take it apart to free it up...... other than that its ok.... I would like to have a posidon Xstream deco to match the rest of my regs but it's too pricy for a deco reg for me...
just my O2 cents
Rob

Personally, I dont go with cheap regs for a few reasons. My reg that I use for O2 is an Apeks ATX-40/DS4.

I dont use cheap regs for any part of my diving.

Cheap is a tricky word with some negative conotations that are not always intended.

I use simple and inexpensive regs like the Scubapro Mk 2 or Mk III for deco tanks and saftey tanks. They are small, compact, extremely reliable and offer more than enough flow and breathing performance for the job. A properly adjusted second stage on a MK 2 or Mk III will breathe very well. The Mk III is still supported by Scubapro and can be O2 cleaned and made 02 compatible. If you want a new but still inexpensive reg, go with a Mk 2 R-190.

They are inexpensive (as opposed to "cheap") and a later model MK III in great condition with a high performance or adjustable second stage can be found for very little money on the used market. Both the MK 2 and Mk III are utterly reliable with only moving part, 1 seat and 2 O-rings subject to wear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom