Oxygen Transfill whip - digital or analog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
60 psi per minutes kind of fast for a rebreather O2 tank which won't be a large tank.

??

If its say an AL 6, 60 psi/min equates to .12 cuft/min.

For say an AL 80, 60 psi/min would be 1.55 cfm.

60 psi/min in a small tank means a much slower flow rate than 60 psi/min in a larger tank.

Oh, I think I see your confusion. We mean 60 psi/min increase in the tank we're filling, not 60 psi/min decrease in the bank pressure... that would be a bit fast.

loosebits:
??

If its say an AL 6, 60 psi/min equates to .12 cuft/min.

For say an AL 80, 60 psi/min would be 1.55 cfm.

60 psi/min in a small tank means a much slower flow rate than 60 psi/min in a larger tank.

Oh, I think I see your confusion. We mean 60 psi/min increase in the tank we're filling, not 60 psi/min decrease in the bank pressure... that would be a bit fast.

Psi per minute, regardless of tank size, will correlate reasonably well with the temperature rise in the tank. It is this temperature rise that we are trying to limit. As pointed out the actual cfm needed to casue a 60 psi / minute rise in tank pressure will vary with volume of the tank being filled.

Small tanks need small cfm. That can be difficult to control. One almost needs a dedicated small flow needle valve to do it. The digital guage helps.

Tobin

If I understand you corectly. Rebreather bottle... its pure so you are not mixing for nitrox so digital would be a waste of money. If you are going to be doing nitrox blends get the best one you can and always test the o2%....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom