Oztek Dive Show Sydney 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracy_from_oz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys

Oztek is back in Sydney next month. OZTeK Conference
12-13th March 2011

Not sure if I am able to go as something on that weekend Im trying to get out of. Should be very interesting and I hope anyone who does go can post back on it.

IMG_3538Small.jpg

Our trip to South West Rocks tied in well with OzTeck. Some of our out of town diving friends came to the show so we were able to catch up with them there.

We only managed to get to the show on Sunday and had to leave fairly early to meet a family commitment. I would have loved to have been able to make it to hear Dr Simon Mitchel's presentation but the just wasn't in the cards
frown.png

We were able to attend the talk by Jarrod Jablonski the founder of GUE. It was an interesting discussion of the choices we make about risks associated with the diving we do.

Sas went to quite a few of the presentations and the focus seemed to be really on CCR's this year.

Heritage dive equipment booth.
IMG_3521Small.jpg

They had all sorts of interesting "old stuff"
IMG_3514Small.jpg

The hardhats were amazing
IMG_3516Small.jpg

IMG_3515Small.jpg

The focus seemed to be on CCR units but I must admit this one really fascinated us
IMG_3519Small.jpg

Apparently it is a "home made unit" and is so old that it's origin has been lost to time....

Notice the "twins" set up beside it....
IMG_3517Small.jpg

Almity1 assisted me trying to convince fish to buy the new gear he has been talking about for ages. We are waiting a quote for his new regs and BPW... he hasn't gone to the dark side yet as he will not be giving up his split fins any time soon! He has been diving with the gear he bought over 20 years ago when he started diving...
IMG_3531Small.jpg

I must say I though it was unfair that fish was so quick to drag me away from my drooling over these jewels!

I understand why he figured this one would be too noisy for the neighbors
IMG_3528Small.jpg

but this one??????
IMG_3529Small.jpg

Rick Poole... in the picture was who designed and sold me the O2 unit a few years back. Every time we went by his booth he was busy so we didn't have a chance to catch up. He sold the Hyperbaric Chamber that we did our Chamber dives in a few years back and I keep hoping he will buy a new one. It was the only privately owned one in the region..
IMG_3530Small.jpg

We are always happy to catch up with John.. who does a great job of servicing our gear..
IMG_3527Small.jpg

IMG_3525Small.jpg

IMG_3523Small.jpg

IMG_3522Small.jpg

And that's all folks
IMG_3535Small.jpg

Thanks Petunia, it is nice to get a feel for what it was like and the photos are great!

That same weekend we had the dive show here in Barcelona, I was pretty disappointed with what was there (or probably better said with what wasn't there). There were very few stands, very few products on display and very few talks. Everyone was talking about how there were only 2 centres from outside of Spain as the economy has send everything down the toilet... I went with some friends from work and within about 15 minutes we had seen everything! Of course then you get to talking with centres/acquaintances that you haven't seen since the last dive show which makes things a little more interesting...

Haha I think you should keep at fish to get that compressor!!!! I'm sure it makes only as much noise as the guy next door mowing his lawn!

I'll tell him to talk to you.. may need some help with this one:)

The pictures are amazing and sounds like you had a brilliant time.

I am just sorry I wasnt able to attend because of a previous engagement I couldnt get out of.

We dont have enough of these down here.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

I'm so glad there aren't any pics of me drooling over those scooters - I want a Cuda with shark teeth design!

If I'd a known you were coming I could a baked a cake!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom