P-Valve Install in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the photos and detailed info. THIS level of detailed info is one of the reasons I love Scubaboard. Your write-ups and each time I get up on a boat with a basketball sized bladder make me rethink the P-valve issue.

No reason for a Basketball sized bladder.... Put a valve in and be MUCH happier... You can hydrate properly without the worry of having to get all your timing just right "Or Else".

Phil

Thanks for the great write-ups guys. I've had the valve on the shelf for about a month now while I'm getting up the courage to punch a hole in my suit :) I'll go for it over the Holidays.

Thanks again,

Henrik

Thanks Carrie...I have read them all. I'll keep thinking on it until I'm more comfortable diving the drysuit.

I cannot be comfortable when I have to pee. It makes it hard to concentrate. I regret not buying the p-valve and she-p at the same time I ordered my DS.

My first dive today after installing the p-valve. When I first put the Fusion on I had forgotten about the hole in the skin and my heart skipped a beat when I first saw the hole. I spent about an hour under the water and had zero leakage. I really like the fact that I can disassemble everything for cleaning. If this works so well without using Aquaseal or a silicone adhesive, I wonder why the manufactures recommend gluing the valve to the trilaminte.
I am going to make a few changes.
1. My pockets were full and heavy. They were sagging when I got out of the water, so the skin was pulling against the valve. I am going to run a little Aquaseal around the edges just to reinforce. Skdrv, how much do you carry in your pockets? I had forgotten about the pocket sag issue when they are full when you are getting out of the water.
2. I am going to get a patch kit to put over the hole in the trilaminate for reinforcement.

Usually in my left pocket I just carry a 100ft spool and some shears, so really not much at all. Wetnotes and maybe a backup spool in my other pocket. I think that the patch kit is a good idea.

Did you actually use the valve? You are using the DR delrin valve correct? I am interested to hear how well that works with the She Pee...

Phil

Yes, I actually used the she-p yesterday. I updated the other thread on the scubachicks forum, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/scuba-chixs/313160-p-valves-women.html.
I ended up not buy a DR p-valve, but a Halcyon. That is what the sh-p is tested with and Laura had in ready to go in a kit.

I installed the p-valve on the right side. In my right pocket I carry shears, spare mask, spool and a 2# weight.

Back
Top Bottom