Pacific Northwest Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Being a rookie diver, I will probably be reading more than posting for a while (don't you hate the people that have no idea about things but post and post and post?). I did figure I should say hello though and not be a lurker.

Just recently finished my Open Water through an SSI course. Right now I am working on getting some local dives in for fun/practice up here on the Straight of Juan de Fuca and Lake Crescent. Feel pretty good about it all and they tell me I just need to work on typical new guy stuff a little like getting air consumption down and better buoyancy control.

I also just picked up the course materials for "Navigation" and "Stress & Rescue" - since I just got laid off and am job hunting I can spend some time finishing those courses up this summer. Though I recently discovered I might have to find a job quicker than I thought since my girlfriend is composing a huge honey-do list for my extra time - new patio, painting, etc... Never figured being unemployed would be more work than my job.

Welcome! I'm a PNW Newbie myself.
I'm really looking forward to my dives around the San Juan Islands on July 7th.

Congrats on your certification. The Pacific Northwest is ranked one of the best areas to dive in North America for the abundance of life and its great diving in general (especially on Vancouver Island in Canada). If you love marine wildlife, you'll love diving around here!

The San Juan's are nice, I hope to have my little sailboat back in the water by the end of July to spend a few days up there.

And I do love Marine Wildlife - some for watching and some for snacks :) I actually started volunteering a little at the the Marine Life Center here to learn more about the local critters.

Back
Top Bottom