PADI and DC rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Example please?

I've checked your example. If you're referring to the line in their profile, this is done by the user himself.
Dive Classification: Instructor / Assistant Instructor / Dive Master / Dive Con
It's the generic classification for dive professionals.

Members sporting the Dive Con badge have had to prove their credentials.

I'm not questioning anyones credentials, I'm just pointing out that Dive Con is an SSI rating and there are PADI Dive Masters and AIs flying that flag. I understand it's a default thing, but it isn't correct and there is a difference between the ratings.

Thanks for taking a look.

It's also the other way round. SSI Dive Cons can have a DM classification even though SSI doesn't have a DM rating.

It's also the other way round. SSI Dive Cons can have a DM classification even though SSI doesn't have a DM rating.

And a SSI Instructor can be a padi open water diver, still a step down and not correct :)

Yes, it is consistently screwed up.

So? Can't Be A DM who done crossover to DC just because of a work for example? :)

Back
Top Bottom