PADI Announces Partnership with Contiki Vacations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
PADI-and-Contiki-100x100.jpg
PADI-and-Contiki-100x100.jpg
PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), the world’s largest dive training organization, today announced a year-long partnership with Contiki, the world’s number one travel company for 18-35 year olds. The two companies will partner to offer Contiki’s expansive network of millennials who travel the world on a quest for adventure an opportunity to now add…
The post PADI Announces Partnership with Contiki Vacations appeared first on DiveNewswire.

More...

Hey... any reason you don't post the entirety of press releases here.

I'd love to know what the expansive network of millennials who travel the world have an opportunity to add... but I guess I'll never know.

:D

A&F may choose to use young people in their ads, but that doesn't mean that their clothes wont fit old folks or that they would refuse to sell clothes to older people.

I was joking but, even being serious, I can not think of any legally defensible reason to refuse to sell a dive trip to a qualified diver based only on the fact that that diver is over 40 year old (or whatever magical number they are restricting this to).

Hey... any reason you don't post the entirety of press releases here.

I'd love to know what the expansive network of millennials who travel the world have an opportunity to add... but I guess I'll never know.

:D

You'd think a marketing guy would understand click-through and advertising and junk like that. I'm sure Scott wants to drive traffic to his site.

i guess this means the 36yo is over the hill now....

You'd think a marketing guy would understand click-through and advertising and junk like that. I'm sure Scott wants to drive traffic to his site.

As a marketing guy what I do understand is that Scott's paying clients are not paying him to drive traffic to his site. They are paying him to get their stuff READ.

The right way to do that is to post the entirety of the press release here. At a minimum you'd provide a "complete summary" here, and then utilize a well-crafted drive to web CTA to entice truly interested parties to get more comprehensive details. (But given that there's no length restriction on posts here on SB there's really no defensible reason for not posting the whole thing here.)

Either way, stopping in the middle of a sentence is NOT the way to do it... unless you're Joseph of Arimathea.

"He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of aaarrrrggh..."

5628287_std.jpg

---------- Post added May 6th, 2015 at 08:49 PM ----------

A&F may choose to use young people in their ads, but that doesn't mean that their clothes wont fit old folks or that they would refuse to sell clothes to older people.

I was joking but, even being serious, I can not think of any legally defensible reason to refuse to sell a dive trip to a qualified diver based only on the fact that that diver is over 40 year old (or whatever magical number they are restricting this to).

Where does it say that they will refuse to sell trips to anyone who is over 40?

As a result of the collaboration, all PADI Members in the 18-35 year old age range will also receive exclusive Contiki monthly travel promotions sponsored by PADI Dive Centers and Resorts atwww.contiki.com/padi.

Ain't PADI great?...sighs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom