PADI AOW -EFR and Dan O2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badgers

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for dive shop recomendations for the Madison, WI area.

I used to use two dive shops and neither of them will return my phone calls or emails so I need to find a new place.

any suggestions are appreciated.
I used to go to a shop down in Rockford, that is about as far away as I want to go, Milwaukee is OK as my wife has friends there so we can kind of make a day trip.

I am looking for Rec scuba, I do not want a tech dive class.
thank you for your time and have a good day.

appleton, wi is also an option since my wife has family there.

bigmak:
Check the PADI site for a list of there approved centers?

http://www.padi.com/padi/common/dcnr1/results.aspx?country=US&state=WI

The problem is that the two shops that have chosen not to return my calls are on that list.

I think the two shops have the technical skill, I am looking for a business that is run like a business.

Professional, caring, on time, customer focused.

I get the feeling from the other shops that they started a "business" so they could buy their own scuba equipment cheaper and write off their diving trips. These shops seem to have skilled individuals. It just seems that customers are a bother to them. In one shop here in town I walked in and the only employee in the shop was at her laptop. I was there for 5 minutes waiting for her, after 5 I asked if I could talk to someone about classes and the rolling of her eyes and the huff " I can help you" as she shut the laptop lid. Made me feel like if I wasn't there for tech classes I was so beneth her time. Cave diving and tech stuff is what they do a lot of around here, but I am not going to a business that treats rec scuba customers like that.

PADI's site does not filter that out. I am sure that when PADI comes to town they are on their best behavior and like I said, they are very skilled divers, but that does not make them good teachers.
sorry for the rant but I am a little discouraged right now with both of my past dive shops.

Thanks

thank you bigmak

I will look into some of these

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom