PADI AOW Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cpace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to purchase a PADI AOW manual. Does anyone know the year of the current revision.

My price list has item # 70139 for the current book. The old book was item # 70014.

I’m not sure of revision numbers as I don’t have the book with me, just make sure it’s the new book with the “Thinking like a diver” section.

This is the one.
Manual - AOW w/Data Carrier

Last edited:
I took the product number information (79199) directly from 2nd page in the most recent revision of the manual. The 70139 product number is the number for the manual plus the slate (aka data carrier). You can buy the manual (79199) individually, but the price for the manual plus the data carrier (70139) is the same as for the manual by itself, so it makes sense to by the combination product.

Attachments

• AOW Manual Page 2.jpg
    AOW Manual Page 2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hmmm, I can't find the Manual itself, alone, on the PADI PRO website or in the PADI 2017 Pricelist. Yes, the one with the slate is there, #70139, but not the 79199 manual itself.

It isn't in the price list (or separately identified on the website). But, you can buy it separately if you wish - just call PADI. However, since the price for the manual and the slate is the same as for the manual alone - you don't get any break - buying the 70139 product makes sense.

I hope you get the correct item, the picture of a sticker sheet doesn’t give me faith. I’d recommend purchasing the book from whomever you plan to take the class with.

I hope you get the correct item, the picture of a sticker sheet doesn’t give me faith. I’d recommend purchasing the book from whomever you plan to take the class with.

I hoping it's the correct manual and that the picture shown on Amazon is old or something. I can always return for free (Amazon Prime). My wife and I are taking the AOW course in the Philippines and getting the book from them would surely be problematic. I am still up $150+ vs. e-learning after purchasing the book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom