PADI certifcation online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stabes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

Is it possible for PADI to do online certifications? The reason i ask is i have recently finished a specialty course and was told not to worry we will do the certification online. They took a photo of me and i received a specialty training record signed by the instructor stating that i have completed the practical applications and completed the final exam. I also received the student pack and the level of training that i received was to high standard. I have always received in the past a temporary cert card and sent the details of to PADI myself with an enclosed photo.

Still as yet i am waiting, i have contacted the dive operator... still no email from padi. I have also checked with PADI if this dive shop is affiliated to them and they have confirmed that is is not part of it international resort and retailers association. The shop in question is displaying all the PADI insignia and has course manuals.

Cause for concern?

Yep. Many of my PADI certs were submitted electronically by the instructor. Call
PADI and find ask about the status of your cert.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hi

Is it possible for PADI to do online certifications? The reason i ask is i have recently finished a specialty course and was told not to worry we will do the certification online. They took a photo of me and i received a specialty training record signed by the instructor stating that i have completed the practical applications and completed the final exam. I also received the student pack and the level of training that i received was to high standard. I have always received in the past a temporary cert card and sent the details of to PADI myself with an enclosed photo.

Still as yet i am waiting, i have contacted the dive operator... still no email from padi. I have also checked with PADI if this dive shop is affiliated to them and they have confirmed that is is not part of it international resort and retailers association. The shop in question is displaying all the PADI insignia and has course manuals.

Cause for concern?

PADI is not always that fast, and they are still busy with editing the online services (especially the website).
IMHO no reason for concern, but if you really want to know, you might contact your dive shop once again. If they say they've send it you might try PADI whether your c-card is on the way.

Good luck!

Hi Don,

Not sure if you noticed, but stabes is in Hong Kong.

stabes,

Depending on how long you've been waiting, it might or might not be a concern. You used the word "recently", so I suspect things are OK. I'd wait at least 30 days.
You could also consider contacting another PADI instructor in your area. They should be able to help you.

I have also checked with PADI if this dive shop is affiliated to them and they have confirmed that is is not part of it international resort and retailers association. The shop in question is displaying all the PADI insignia and has course manuals.

Cause for concern?

Am I to understand that PADI has confirmed that it is NOT associated with the dive shop and the dive shop is displaying PADI insignia?

PADI have confirmed the shop is not part of their international resorts and retailers association. Am i correct in saying, that this is not a problem if the instructor is PADI certified in that particular specialty, than they can sign you off.

My concern is that PADI has not received my application and i took the course two weeks ago. I accept that it can take 30 days to get a card, but if it only takes 5 mins for an application that is not acceptable especially as i have paid in full and kept my end of the bargain?

All i have received to prove that i have taken the course is the receipt and specialty training record signed by the instructor.

Quick update

PADI have told me that this shop cannot do PIC"s as they are not affiliated to PADI.
However the instructor is qualified to teach this specialty....thank Fook!

My problem is when you pay in good faith you expect the dive shop to do their bit. I will never trust a PIC application again.. give me a temp c-card and the old method of posting anyday.

Last edited:
I feel I should point out that (barring the odd hiccough), there's very little wrong with the PIC onliine process - I've put hundreds of PICs through the system with very few problems. The "temporary cards" are a printout of the page confirming the PIC has been processed.

There is no problem with the PIC system - seems like the problem is with the instructor; if he's working independently it should be his responsibility to process the PIC.

Dig a little deeper. PADI standards require that PICs be submitted within 7 days (unless the delay is caused by the student) and that temporary certifications also be issued within 7 days. If neither of these things have happened, you have a good case against your instructor. Contact them directly to find out what has happened and ask where the temporary card is. If he's not forthcoming, contact PADI and ask them to assist.

Hope that helps

Crowley

I will never trust a PIC application again.. give me a temp c-card and the old method of posting anyday.
I would not insist on the paper process rather than online. I'd expect the online process to be as reliable, probably more so. If you're dealing with a shop or instructor that is a problem in some way, it's going to be a problem no matter which way they don't submit it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom