Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
PADI has just announced that as of Jan 10, 2023, all new certs will be issued as eCards, at all cert levels.
Physical cards will still be available at a price, through the Replacement Card process.

eCards may be stored and viewed on the PADI App from the Apple app store or Google Play, or by going to the PADI website.

Age 10-13 divers will have special procedures, to maintain privacy concerns.

Are they still spinning that plastic in the sea nonsense? Apparently all new divers immediately throw their cards into the sea.

Or is it to get everyone to use their (cr)app on their phone.

PADI isn't the only agency; many of us have a multitude of cards of which the PADI ones are the least useful. OK, until you want to do a shallow cattle-boat dive... It would be so useful if they'd provide an Apple Wallet compatible file for their certification cards.

Really not keen on this fashion for applications on phones as it seems so pointless as they're effectively just website front-ends -- but you cannot block the tracking or limit the bandwidth.

Will all existing PADI card holders be able to use the PADI app to retrieve cert e-cards for free, just like SDI/TDI offers? I'm not going to hold my breath.
As far as I know, this is already possible. If you have a PADI eCard, the PADI App shows it to you.

The e-card cost like $50 previously, with the change are they now free?
That's the idea. Free eCard, but pay for a physical card if you want one.

Back
Top Bottom