Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had all my PADI certifications show up in the E-Cards section of the PADI up until they switched to the new app, then the only ones available were the e-cards I had purchased. Hopefully PADI will just move all certifications to the e-cards but I'm not holding my breath either.

Wonder how much it costs to do up an e card vs. making a plastic one? My guess is not much. Then if you want the plastic you pay for it (how much?).
Let's see. Grocery store bags:
1970-- paper.
1980-- "Paper or plastic"?
1990-- All plastic now.
2000-- Plastic bad for environment, bring your own bags.
Present-- If you forget your own bags we'll give you paper ones -- 5 cents each.
Now you pay for the paper bag you got free in 1970.

Oh I suppose the ecard thing is just the way it goes-- you know, progress, and PADI may not be making or saving much money. But it was an excuse to do my shopping bag thing....
I'm happy-- got all my plastic cards "free" long ago.

As far as I know, this is already possible. If you have a PADI eCard, the PADI App shows it to you.

I’m talking ALL CARDS. Drop the e-card Vs non-e-card nonsense. If I have PADI certs, I should be able to see them as e-cards period. This isn’t 2002.

SDI/TDI has had this for years.

I’m talking ALL CARDS. Drop the e-card Vs non-e-card nonsense. If I have PADI certs, I should be able to see them as e-cards period. This isn’t 2002.

SDI/TDI has had this for years.
I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.

So I just created a PADI account and logged into the app. All my certs are under “certifications with no e-cards.” of course there is a button to buy e-cards. Not holding my breath for free ones.

Are they still spinning that plastic in the sea nonsense? Apparently all new divers immediately throw their cards into the sea.

Or is it to get everyone to use their (cr)app on their phone.

PADI isn't the only agency; many of us have a multitude of cards of which the PADI ones are the least useful. OK, until you want to do a shallow cattle-boat dive... It would be so useful if they'd provide an Apple Wallet compatible file for their certification cards.

Really not keen on this fashion for applications on phones as it seems so pointless as they're effectively just website front-ends -- but you cannot block the tracking or limit the bandwidth.
I guess your dive vehicle is like this? :wink:
51EEA247-0F32-4D9E-907D-2822379B3D9A.jpeg

So I just created a PADI account and logged into the app. All my certs are under “certifications with no e-cards.” of course there is a button to buy e-cards. Not holding my breath for free ones.
ALL my certs, rec, tech, instructor, are eCards on the PADI App (latest version). I've never puchased an eCard, so maybe this is a PRO benefit, I don't know.

Let's see. Grocery store bags:
1970-- paper.
1980-- "Paper or plastic"?
1990-- All plastic now.
2000-- Plastic bad for environment, bring your own bags.
Present-- If you forget your own bags we'll give you paper ones -- 5 cents each.
Now you pay for the paper bag you got free in 1970.
Welcome to having 8 billion people on the planet (vs 3.7 billion in 1970).

Appears they are sticking to the one card per cert which I could somewhat forgive with plastic cards, but for an e-card still? Sheesh.

ALL my certs, rec, tech, instructor, are eCards on the PADI App (latest version). I've never puchased an eCard, so maybe this is a PRO benefit, I don't know.
I am a padi pro and only some of my certs are available as ecards. I used to have access to all of them. i have never payed for a ecards.

Back
Top Bottom