Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can’t lose an e-card too

There is a young mans photo on the old cards, what happened?:confused:

More likely to loose the phone, or get it stolen.
How often do you need to show your card?

I have only to show it usually when I am not on a boat and before the dive, in a situation where I am likely to have my phone anyway, and all in all fairly rarely … mostly when I get fills from someone I do not know or if I use a dive shop abroad on the first day.

So for me not really an impact, for others might be different.

In the past you could look for yourself if you looked on the PADI website to order a replacement card.

I don’t know if that still works.
my card was not on either the padi or iantd website. it's an iantd card.

How often do you need to show your card?

I have only to show it usually when I am not on a boat and before the dive, in a situation where I am likely to have my phone anyway, and all in all fairly rarely … mostly when I get fills from someone I do not know or if I use a dive shop abroad on the first day.

So for me not really an impact, for others might be different.
When holiday diving, and just turning up. Don’t like carrying my blue BSAC log book, so got one of those CMAS cards. The latest one even has a mug shot on it. The last holiday diving I planned so sent a scan of the card (no problems with the CMAS stars on the back).

Only time when I lived in the UK was to get nitrox.

Sure. I assume this is a backup for most people, which doesn't hurt.
It’s for amateurs, here’s the real way to show your status. (This and that nitrox sticker on your bottle)
F568CFBE-7D36-4DA7-B698-AB1CD28787EC.jpeg
9558D944-9802-43B1-9B34-1C50F313A22E.jpeg
24064189-E99C-4D31-B58E-A916986244A8.jpeg

Better than any nitrox sticker….
2457EBE5-A36A-4F6A-BA34-BE394C5A2002.jpeg

When holiday diving, and just turning up. Don’t like carrying my blue BSAC log book, so got one of those CMAS cards. The latest one even has a mug shot on it. The last holiday diving I planned so sent a scan of the card (no problems with the CMAS stars on the back).

Only time when I lived in the UK was to get nitrox.
Ah yea I’d not bring the big bsac logbook either.

I log on the mybsac website now if I need to show my diver grade.

Back
Top Bottom