PADI forum on Kauai Feb 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, what IS a PADI Forum and why would I want to go to it?

Aloha, Peter :)

The forum is for all PADI professionals and the purpose of the forum varies. Here in Kauai, I believe the main purpose will be to provide any updates regarding PADI standards, training procedures, risk management, etc. It has been several years since PADI held a forum on our island - in the past, I've had to travel to Oahu for these events. So we are very excited that the PADI folks will be coming to see us instead of us always going to see them.

The forum is a good opportunity for the dive industry folks of that region to get together in the same room, hear the same message and focus on positive and productive solutions to issues facing our industry. And, hopefully show some positive, professional "team spirit" for each other, especially in such lean economic times. Promoting diving is hard enough these days without the dive folks running around tearing each other down in an attempt to garner what business is out there. Life - and business - would be better for everyone if dive professionals could put egos aside and work together, don't you think? Call me Pollyanna :wink:

"Polly" thanks for the explanation. I wish I was going to be on Kauai when it was happening OR that it was going to be held on Maui when I'm there next week.

And yes, wouldn't it be nice if everyone worked and played well together?

[Note -- I called a dive shop today to ask about rental tanks and was told, yes, they are available, why do you want them? When I replied to go do a dive with an outfit (which had sent me to the shop to get the rental tanks!) I was told that NONE of the shop's gear was allowed on a dive with the other outfit! Oh well.]

"?

[Note -- I called a dive shop today to ask about rental tanks and was told, yes, they are available, why do you want them? When I replied to go do a dive with an outfit (which had sent me to the shop to get the rental tanks!) I was told that NONE of the shop's gear was allowed on a dive with the other outfit! Oh well.]

Are you kidding me???
Where are you at that you are trying to get tanks for a dive? I would call the outfit you are going to dive with and have them call that place.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom