PADI - MJ/TW of Recreational Diving... Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Because of Michael Jordan and his popularity, NBA players now have a higher salary.

Tiger Woods may have been winning the major tournaments. Does it matter? A second place finish in golf tournaments now earns the golfer more money than a first place finish years ago.

PADI - in some ways, has done the same thing for the diving community. Compared to most other agencies (or all), PADI engages in aggressive marketing campaigns, which has helped bring up the number of certified divers.

More divers means more companies investing in making new products and more people buying means cheaper equipment.

THANK YOU PADI!

Now let's see, if PADI has a monopoly, just like any business, maybe the member service may not be as efficient. Maybe training materials would not be as good. So, THANK YOU other agencies for being there to keep the biggest agency in the world on it's toe.

.........pay is still low in the industry. PADI does market and definately increases the number of divers, but lots of shops still offer the $99 specials they had 20 years ago. I don't believe your analogy is a valid one.

with Walter. I don't think PADI has helped anyone but PADI. By the way, when Tiger isn't out golfing, He's out cave diving somewhere.
Ken

I hear he can get 400 yards on one frog kick...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom