PADI: Necessary to be active status DM for IDC/IE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPT_CHAOS

New
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a PADI DM and just joined scubaboard because I have this question and I just can't seem to find a definite answer to it on the net.

The question is: Do I need to be an ACTIVE status PADI DM as a prerequisite to enter the IDC/IE? Or is it enough to just be certified regardless of current status?

I am asking because I finished my DM in February, and now of course I get the renewal mails from PADI for 2013. The thing is: I plan to go to Southeast Asia early next year (jan/feb) to do my IDC, so if I don't actually need to be in active status, I would like to save that money - why pay the DM Fee for 2013 if I have to pay the Instructor fee anyway... :-/

The official prerequiste wording is something like "need to be certified DM", it says nothing about status (So if I would have to make an educated guess, I would say probably I dont need that - but I really want to make sure)

So what is it?

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks. :)

Divemaster Ralf

---------- Post Merged on November 13th, 2012 at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 12th, 2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

Anyone?

You can enter the IDC/IE as a non-renewed DM, and your IE fees will cover your Instructor member fees for 2013.

Back
Top Bottom