PADI OW certified finally!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I do have my own mask, and I was fitted for it by doing that inhaling and letting it suction to my face....but once under water it would start leaking. It was determined that my hood was the main cause so I took my hood off for the next dice then I was fine. I got a new mask (my second, and I finally got to use it while in hawaii last month (I'll save all those tales for later).....I am having the same problem....it just leaks a very little, but enough to be annoying....I think I am going to have to get a childs mask. Also, my fins continue to slip below the lip.....I am constantly checking them to make sure they stay above it, but they just slip right over it.....the dive master tightened them even more as he saw I was having a problem.....

Well, it is all about learning and now that I have a few dives in, I understand more about the type of equipment I want....

Thanks for all the advice!!!

What size boot are you wearing, what fins and size of fins?

As far the face, I had a student try 3 masks in the pool sessions and she had problems with each one. Then she tried the AquaLung Quartz 2 that I was using in class and she loved it. She had a smaller face and this mask helped her. I am fortunate enough to have a pretty generic face pattern I guess since I have only seen a few masks I don't like on my face.

Congrats on the cert - now get out there and dive. :)

Congrats on your new cert!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom