Padi rescue diver going pro! advise pls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gibbo999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
dear all fellow SB posters!
ive a 6mnth career break and want to do a DM internship...... ive 6 months to travel so world is my oyster..... im not looking for a dive career as have 1 already.. doing DM for fun!
Im leaning towards thailand and khao lak.. as i want to dive similian islands...any suggestions, advice...... im also looking at malapascua in philippines or roatan.....
Ill be going from oct 2012..... look forward to a reply.. helpful or not!

yes.. i did rescue and efr cert in 2011.. am a MSD as did 6 specialities also.
Go me! haha

Assuming you will come back to the UK to continue your "real" life, I wouldn't bother doing a DM during your 6 month holiday. Just go diving and do a lot of it. IF you want more training, go to the Philippines and do some Tech Training with DevonDiver -- you'll learn a whole lot more than from any DM class.

When you return to the UK and resume your life, do a DM program with a local shop which is where you'll be using your newfound DM skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom