PADI Specialty Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Self certifying makes sense some times. I dine Nitrox almost exclusively, I am a certified blender, O2 clean certified. I have spent many hours studying the details and history of enriched air diving, I think that is enough for me to be able to teach a rec level EANx course. I am certified by 6 manufacturers to service regs and other gear, I have copious dive experience, many times performing on site fixes to enable the dive to continue.. I believe I can teach a rec level EQPT specialty. I am a snapshot UW digital photog. I don't feel that I am able to teach a newbie how to effectively take good UW pics.. I am out on that one.. Guessing that taking a class with a CD still won't make me a good UW photog.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe EANx requires a CD to sign off on it.

nope, you can apply directly. however, you do need a diver level nitrox cert in order to be approved.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe EANx requires a CD to sign off on it.

You are correct in that it is not one of the Specialties that is on the list of those you can do "on-line" through the PADI Pro's Site.

However, those that are not on that list can still be done the "paper" way via Method 2 (applying directly).

Regarding Enriched Air...Page 154 of the 2012 IM:

"Additional prerequisites for certain specialty instructor training courses:

- Enriched Air — PADI Enriched Air Diver certification (or comparable rating) "

...just as kierentec said.

Back
Top Bottom