PADI to BSAC crossover...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bengregson

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Im a PADI dm and want to cross over to BSAC so i can help out my uni club with instructing by doing the foundation instructor course with BSAC,

some people have told me if coming from PADI that you will automatically get Dive-leader and the foundation instructor rating with it (once youre crossed over),

can anyone confirm this for me?

thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,
Almost correct, you don't actually "get" Dive Leader, it's a 50m, deco diving qualification, but within the club you should be treated at the same level,

So you can attend the IFC (and subsequent instructor courses / exams). And you can enter onto the Advanced Diver course, after doing a few catch up things.

You still need to do the Instructor Foundation Course first though to be able to teach, but it is a really good course which you will really enjoy.

Hope it helps

Dave

Do you still have do the IFC if you did the original Assistant Club Instructor course way back when? I actively instruct already, but the local club is bsac, and I'd quite like to hep out occasionally - however the next IFC is not for 6 month, and even then it's 250 miles away on a weekend I happen to already be away on - the next nearest is probably over 300 miles away next November so it doesn't look terribly practical :(

As far as I know, no, the old ITC (Assistant Cub Instructor), is just about identical to the IFC, and I am 99.99% sure it counts as such - just make sure you have your sticker.

Cheers
Dave

Do you still have do the IFC if you did the original Assistant Club Instructor course way back when? I actively instruct already, but the local club is bsac, and I'd quite like to hep out occasionally - however the next IFC is not for 6 month, and even then it's 250 miles away on a weekend I happen to already be away on - the next nearest is probably over 300 miles away next November so it doesn't look terribly practical :(

I am attending the IFC on November 14th south wales

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom