PADI Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

I'm not sure what your experience with tech classes is but I have seen lots of tech instructors doing skills like valve shut downs and lift bad deployment sitting on a platform or the bottom. The DSAT class, in fact requires these skills to be performed midwater. The performance requirements are very clear and I'm sure they will do at least as good of a job of inforcing the standards as the older tech agencies.

I have the DSAT tech rec standards and there are no fin pivots required. I also don't recall any text in the standards that suggest you use your suit for buoyancy control when wearing double 104's.

IMO, there are things that the DSAT tech courses could be slamed for but you missed all of them.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am impressed that the skills are specified in the standards as being performed in midwater. I am very happy with my instructor (TDI), but knowing what I know about how the class could have been run, I know that the reason I am happy with my class is entirely due to the instructor. By codifying this type of stuff into the standards, PADI/DSAT may very well make the class a better overall class that will rely less on the merits of the individual instructor to make it great.

I will reserve judgment until I see the thing, but have no doubts PADI has the capability to put out a quality course and quality materials if the organization just applies itself.

Only a card-carrying stroke would do somethng like this, and
showing up with 80/20 is no different than wearing a sign on your back
saying "I am a stroke, and have the papers to prove it". It announces to
all the world that you have no clue, kind of like wearing clip-on
suspenders or having dog dirt on your shoes.

sounds like an open minded individual!?!

faye once bubbled...
sounds like an open minded individual!?!

I don't believe he, nor anyone else, ever claimed he was open minded :)

WW

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom