Painting on a trilaminate drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gggg1

New
Reaction score
Hi!

I have a really old trilaminate Typhoon Prosport drysuit which I would like to paint! Any ideas what paint I should use? Treated nylon surface and paint don't go very well together! :(

Anyone tried it before? Can you suggest what type/brand of paint I should use? It needs to be toluene free as to not dissolve the glue between the .

I tried using adding acrylic pigments to the beaver aquabond two part adhesive glue (without the hardner) but that failed miserably! As the water in the pigment polymerized the polychloroprene right away :(

Thanks,

G.

I have actually no idea but have you tried to contact the people who made your suit or making other similar suits?

Experiment with various fabric paints. I would venture a guess that any dangerous chemicals will evaporate before doing damage to the binding glues. Unless you are attempting to totally dye the suit, that might be a different story.

Hi,

thanks! Yes I did contact the people who made the suit and they told me not to do it and that there wasn't much I could use. :-(
I will have a go with the Subgear marker paint... see how that works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom