Palau food expenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarada

Contributor
Reaction score
I put together a large group of divers for trips every year. We usually stay at all inclusive resorts.

We are thinking of Palau for our next trip. In order to compare live aboard experiences against land based, I would like to estimate food expenses. How much should we budget for a weeks trip?

We are thinking Sea Passion Hotel and Sam's Tours, or Fish N Fins and their hotel.

All depends on where you eat. For instance, the Rock Island Cafe which serves great American style food (burgers to spaghetti) has very modest prices $8-$15 per plate. There are other places like the Indian place (can not remember the name) but we spent $75 for dinner. I would say figure pricing like you would in Caribbean.

For our next trip we would probably skip Koror and stay on Peleliu:

Dolphin Bay Resort & Peleliu Divers in Palau

the land-based ops all serve a lunch as included in price (box lunch on a beach between dives, I think) so that means you need to budget for breakfast and dinner only.

the Indian restaurant is the Taj, and it is fabulous. I would plan on $25pp there for appetizer and main course and a tea or soda. Our group (from out liveaboard) met there for dinner the last night and we ordered family style - we ordered several appetizers, and then everyone ordered a main dish and we just passed them around so everyone got to try things, then we split the bill evenly. It was really great food and fun, some people had never had Indian food so it was nice for them to see various dishes, and those of us addicted to Indian food got to have a feast. :D They had very luscious desserts on the menu also but we had to leave to catch our plane (everyone else was staying on island for a few more days). I HIGHLY recommend a group night there! The entire restaurant staff wears gorgeous costures and sitting outside on the patio is so nice with the breeze blowing! Ahhhh.....

We ate lunch that same day at the restuarant over at Fish-n-Fins. There was a good variety of items on the menu, some sushi and some sandwiches and salads, plus a fish dish special. We all liked our food and I didn't think it was too expensive, I would say around $10-12pp.

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom