Palau for new-ish divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are great posts, some of my best dives were with the cayman dive lodge which is now destroyed due to a hurracaine several years ago. Diving the east end of grand cayman is amazing to say the least. Most dives I just followed bubbles of the group that was 80-100 feet on the wall. I would be bathed in their bubbles, its was great. I had so much air left at the end I would just relax and chill while everyone went onto the boat. It left me time to just look out into the reef, like I was the only one there, it was such an amazing experience.

I feel that in the dives that do have so far, my bouyancy has been great. Even my instructors have said so. I head to Roatan next week and that will be my first experience with wall dives so we'll see how I do there. So far all my dives have all been in the quarry and in Montserrat (which is gorgeous by the way if anyone's ever thought of going). I just definitely want to be prepared for anything we may come up against in Palau. Maybe I might try to do a smal Coz trip in the meantime just to get SOME current/drift experience.

Thanks everyone for your posts :) the more I know the better off I am :)

I took my teenage nieces to Palau as new divers they did fine when they listened to us. They could hook in and watch the show with no problem. The currents were not ripping but descent. Even did the Peleliu Express.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom