Palau in June - Wetsuit needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The middle of the 2nd chart shows that the water temp in Palau varies very little, from warm to warmer. In all my trips I've worn a skin, just so I don't run into something stinging. My first trip I schlepped a 3 mil shorty, which never left the room & never made the suitcase again on a return trip. Oh, and, by the way, I'm an admitted pansy when it comes to cold.

Palau 2011: Forecast and average weather conditions in Koror, Temperatures, Minimum, Maximum, sunhine hours, water temperatures, humidity, chance of rain - wether, wheather, whether, tempreature - TemperatureWeather.com

You're gonna love it.

Depends on your sensitivity. And its not so much the water temp as much as you can get cold ripping around in the boat through the rain. If you start a dive cold, you just get colder. Take a little rain shell in case of showers. June is warm in Palau, and the water temp is pretty constant. Having done hundreds of dives in Palau, I think I found the perfect neoprene set-up: A 3 mm top and board shorts. Perfecto! And you never have to worry about adding fluids to your wetsuit...:wink:.

I like to use a full coverage fleece skin for topical diving. That worked well enough for our 2 week trip.

I wore board shorts with nothing on top when I was there last May and got slightly chilled on long drift dives or when you're hooked into the reef for 40 minutes and not generating any body heat at all (especially when you're doing three dives a day). The only time I was genuinely cold and shivering was on the surface on a rainy and blustery day. I'd probably bring my 0.5mm skin if I went back, though Scoober's suggestion of a 3mm top sounds good too. Definitely throw a windbreaker/rainjacket in your dry bag for when the weather goes bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom