Palau Weh (N.Sumatra) or Maratua (E.Kalimantan)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kkfok/Madfish,
Yeah, the trip is 5days full diving including trips to Sang/Kakaban/Channel rolling in at about
USD 2300 for two @ 15dives a head, this will be the most expensive dive trip we will ever have done. So, madfish if that live aboard rolls in at a better price, keep me posted. As for Aceh, any info is good info as there doesn't seem to many who have actually been; so far only 2; Ayeshacantrell, above, and ZebraOx on my other post: Back from Indonesia! Bunaken (Manado) and Pulau Weh (Banda Aceh) report - sorry no idea how to post a link. Only gripes with Maratua is its "give me your money first & then you can dive" Oh! and the fact that If you can't go diving for any reason, including weather conditions, you don't get credited any dives or money back - now that's service for you, eh! So, keep my fingers crossed I don't get that swine flu -thing!

Chat soon & thx

MM

I attach the link to Panunee LOB (Panunee Co., Ltd. -Trip Program - Andaman). cost of a standard room for 5 dive days is THB52,800, works out to USD1530. Needs to add on fuel surcharge and park fee. Presumably works out to be abt 20 dives in total (typically 4 dives a day for LOB). My last Sangalaki trip worked out to be expensive, cos whenever I want to dive in places like Samma Island, Maratua, etc, i need to pay extras and also need a min no. of divers to make it worthwhile... but but, I personally haven't seen any feedback on divers who dive on Panunee so not sure how their service levels are like.

as for P. Weh, let me find the brochure info for you.

hi, sorry for late reply. I was out diving.

these are the details i got frm the brochure at ADEX in April09. Quotations are for Pulau Weh resort (pulau weh resort - indonesia island) for 4D3N. At S$770.00 per diver (conversion to US$, just multiply by 1.44). Includes 3 nights accommodations, 2/3 boat dives per day, airport to ferry to resort transfer and meals. Promotion ends in nov 2009. the contact email given is pulauwehresort@yahoo.com

Thx Mad Fish. I'll check it out. B.Ach sounds like a good sedcond on our dive holiday this year. As for Maratua, well I'm well pd off. Tried to book domestic flights online with Batavia, well they took my money but I have recieved no tickets. Then they get back to me saying that is was a "failed ticketing" and that they would refund the money paid for the flights. Well that was a week ago & after a few hundred e.mails, they still haven't refunded me or even had the courtesy to say when I am gonna get my money back.

I dunno. It seems such a headache to go to Maratua that I wonder if the effort is really worth it.

Anyway chat soon & thx again

MM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom