Palm Beach County or Keys?

Which gets your vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This debate has been split off a trip report to the Blue Heron Bridge and Boynton area as it discusses the comparisons between Palm Beach County and the Keys rather passionately. Instead of derailing the trip report, we've started a new thread to discuss people's views. Politely, please!

The original trip report that sparked the debate can be found here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...ach-blue-heron-bridge-trip-report-photos.html

Last edited:
Clearly you were in to the bath salts prior to your both diving in Boynton and writing this post. The areas you dove are inferior to most other areas in Florida. The Keys are much better, so is Jupiter. If the region you speak of is so great, then why is it never crowded? Go to Crocker reef and try to find a buoy to tie up to. You can't.... because it's too spectacular for words. Everything about diving in the keys is better.

A note to all: If you are coming to Florida to dive.... Go the Phil Foster Park and dive the Blue Heron Bridge. Then get on 95 and get out of Palm Beach County as quick as you can. The Keys are just a short drive away. That's where you want to be.

Clearly you were in to the bath salts prior to your both diving in Boynton and writing this post. The areas you dove are inferior to most other areas in Florida. The Keys are much better, so is Jupiter. If the region you speak of is so great, then why is it never crowded? Go to Crocker reef and try to find a buoy to tie up to. You can't.... because it's too spectacular for words. Everything about diving in the keys is better.

A note to all: If you are coming to Florida to dive.... Go the Phil Foster Park and dive the Blue Heron Bridge. Then get on 95 and get out of Palm Beach County as quick as you can. The Keys are just a short drive away. That's where you want to be.

Reckdiver, you clearly have no handle on good diving. Most good divers avoid the keys like the plague, as it is baby diving with small marine life and no adventure..you might as well visit a swimmig pool.......for you to say what you did about Boynton is just proving your ignorance. Personally, you could not pay me enough to bother with a dive in the keys....but instead of just trading insults , why not put your money where your mouth is....
Post 2 or 3 Florida Keys videos that show it as an ADVENTURE DESTINATION WORTHY OF VISITING....I will post 2 or 3 Palm Beach VIDEOS that show why Palm Beach IS the place to go for a Diving Adventure worthy of visiting....then let the people who read the thread, decide for themselves which footage shows a better ADVENTURE DIVING DESTINATION....

I have been to the bottom in both areas and prefer PBC. The keys have their place but you cant walk off the (non existent) beaches in the keys and see what you can in palm beach.

Reckdiver, you clearly have no handle on good diving. Most good divers avoid the keys like the plague, as it is baby diving with small marine life and no adventure..you might as well visit a swimmig pool.......for you to say what you did about Boynton is just proving your ignorance. Personally, you could not pay me enough to bother with a dive in the keys....but instead of just trading insults , why not put your money where your mouth is....
Post 2 or 3 Florida Keys videos that show it as an ADVENTURE DESTINATION WORTHY OF VISITING....I will post 2 or 3 Palm Beach VIDEOS that show why Palm Beach IS the place to go for a Diving Adventure worthy of visiting....then let the people who read the thread, decide for themselves which footage shows a better ADVENTURE DIVING DESTINATION....

speaking of ignorance, dan, how about rereading your post. your inflammatory, selfserving and inaccurate comments speak volumes. you're a legend in your own mind,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I have aobut 100 dives off Key Largo and about 100 dives off Boynton Beach/Jupiter. Personally, I'll take the drift dives off the latter. I do love the deep wrecks of the Spiegel Grove, the Duane and the Bibb but I'll take the Golaith Grouper and occasional Bull Sharks on the Castor. The Boynton Beach reefs put Key Largo to shame though the former are quite good.
The good news is the diving in S FL is so good

Good Diving, Craig

Since opinions are like ------- and we all have one here is mine. I have done both areas and hundreds in the Keys.
To me the Keys are much better and in a league of their own .
Thnx for sharing your report

speaking of ignorance, dan, how about rereading your post. your inflammatory, selfserving and inaccurate comments speak volumes. you're a legend in your own mind,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Really. So it is ignorant of me to expect the keys to have decent ADVENTURE DIVING VIDEOS for advanced divers? How foolish of me, to think the Keys would want to actually get a REAL comparison, as opposed to their typical " BUYING" of advertorial in print magazines with their multi million dollar advertising budget. Of course the Keys and the divers who represent the keys, will not want a fair comparision....

I will tell you what....if you want a contest about who has the best novice level swimming pool type dives, with small fish, I will stipulate that I will not contest the Keys winning this.

Really. So it is ignorant of me to expect the keys to have decent ADVENTURE DIVING VIDEOS for advanced divers? How foolish of me, to think the Keys would want to actually get a REAL comparison, as opposed to their typical " BUYING" of advertorial in print magazines with their multi million dollar advertising budget. Of course the Keys and the divers who represent the keys, will not want a fair comparision....

I will tell you what....if you want a contest about who has the best novice level swimming pool type dives, with small fish, I will stipulate that I will not contest the Keys winning this.

dan, there is no contest. you, simply don't get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

dan, there is no contest. you, simply don't get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo
No I don't....Personally I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time driving an extra 6 hours to get to the baby diving of the keys...
But what YOU don't get, is that I did not start this thread....Reck diver responded to a diver that enjoyed a dive in Boynton, and reckdiver trashed Boynton and told people to go to the keys instead.....some of the worst advice ever seen on scubaboard, and that is saying something.....In any event, I would not be trashing the keys now, if reck diver had not begun this nonsense.....given that he has, why not stop the fictions about the Keys, and find some adventure dives in the Keys on Youtube, and post them....the keys has had far more divers shooting video there in the past 2 decades than we have in Palm Beach, so if you DO have any adventure dives worth someone traveling for, they really should be on Youtube already.
No adventure dive videos means no adventure dives, in my book....and likely in the minds of most people reading this thread :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom