Palm Beach dive boat calls for medivac 11/23/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PBcatfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Roughly 9:30 this morning, I copied radio chatter between USCG sector Miami & one of the local Palm Beach County dive boats on VHF 22a. The boat was requesting medical evacuation for a semi-unresponsive diver that had recently surfaced from a checkout dive with an instructor. I was located roughly a mile off the Breakers at the time. The dive boat in question was near my location. The diver was said to have been a 72 year old male. It was reported that he had done his safety stop before climbing onto the boat. After sitting down, his condition was said to have deteriorated. Another local dive boat picked up the remaining divers from that dive so that the boat with the stricken diver could make for the inlet immediately & shorten the response time. The diver was on oxygen when authorities met the boat en route to the inlet. The response seemed well coordinated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom