Palm Beach diver loses arm as group hit by boat - Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not concerned about money, it appears his or his fathers didn't bring him happiness as I am sure this has taken a terrible toll on his mental health. If I had the money that would be the last style of boat I would buy.
Maybe if he was in a sail boat he would be sleeping easy today.
Excellent point about flying, everyone needs to take a good look at their ecological footprint. Myself included. No Karen's here just people of different opinions to yours.
Doing 53mph in a boat is asking for trouble, what happens if you hit a reef/sandbank/turtle/whale/boat or flotsam? Ejector seat without the parachute? That's if you skull isn't caved in contacting some of the console or hull.
A gentleman I grew up with was hooning in an inboard V8 ski boat in the local river, lost control, hit a bank and ejected his dad. He died impaled on a tree.
Drive stupid boats, cars or planes. Win stupid prizes.

I am not concerned about money, it appears his or his fathers didn't bring him happiness as I am sure this has taken a terrible toll on his mental health. If I had the money that would be the last style of boat I would buy.
Maybe if he was in a sail boat he would be sleeping easy today.
Excellent point about flying, everyone needs to take a good look at their ecological footprint. Myself included. No Karen's here just people of different opinions to yours.
Doing 53mph in a boat is asking for trouble, what happens if you hit a reef/sandbank/turtle/whale/boat or flotsam? Ejector seat without the parachute? That's if you skull isn't caved in contacting some of the console or hull.
A gentleman I grew up with was hooning in an inboard V8 ski boat in the local river, lost control, hit a bank and ejected his dad. He died impaled on a tree.
Drive stupid boats, cars or planes. Win stupid prizes.
Dude, what car do you drive? What house do you live in? What things do you own? Post them up so people can tell you you shouldn't have that for whatever made up reason they come up with.

I am not surprised to see this thread get bumped up with a good article of the aftermath only to see it fall to the gutter by people complaining about what other people choose to buy. :shakehead:

With you guy's logic the Corvette should be banned, as well as motorcycles, jet skis, electric bicycles and just about anything that goes a little faster than a minority of the internet says it should.

No high horse maybe just a shetland :wink:
If the boat was cruising at 35 maybe Carter would have time to react?

Bob the ecological footprint of doing a 60 minutes dive near your home pales in comparison to joyriding your 1200hp boat? Now flying to dive destinations may be comparable

No high horse maybe just a shetland :wink:
If the boat CAPTAIN was cruising at 35 maybe Carter would have time to react?

FIFY. :wink:

That is the beauty of a throttle. You can choose any speed you want. Same goes for cars. I can drive 100 mph in my truck down a 25 mph speed limit neighborhood street. When that happens and someone gets killed do you post that cars shouldn't be able to go that fast?

Please read my previous posts, that is pretty much exactly what I said. :facepalm:

snorkeling is diving.

Bad idea. Why not make the flag requirement 36", or 72"? If you make the flag unwieldy enough then beach divers will stop using them at all. Towing a 12" flag is burden enough for a diver. Boater education is a more practical approach.
I agree with this. The current flags are big enough. I have no trouble seeing them when I drive a boat.

Taking your 1000hp boat out for a 30 minute pleasure cruise?? why?? because you are a human and you can do what you like regardless of its ethics or sustainability (First world greed).
How would you feel if I took my 1000hp car out for a burn and ran over one of your loved ones?
How is the forward vision/blindspots on that boat when planing at 53MPH?
I guess you would really be upset if you saw the Miss Geico race boat doing her tune up runs INSIDE the ICW, just a mile or so north of BHB. I have seen many such runs at very high speed. There have been no collisions that I am aware of. The boat produced surprisingly little wake when I watched her go. It was kind of fun to see.

Taking your 1000hp boat out for a 30 minute pleasure cruise?? why?? because you are a human and you can do what you like regardless of its ethics or sustainability (First world greed).
How would you feel if I took my 1000hp car out for a burn and ran over one of your loved ones?
How is the forward vision/blindspots on that boat when planing at 53MPH?
The "style of boat" has nothing to do with the negligence and incompetence of the "captain". People can be dangerous morons in any style of powerboat, and that's on the people, not the boat. When you complain "first world greed" is the problem it just makes you look envious, not serious. And you are not the sustainability police. If you were, you'd have to outlaw global travel to exotic live aboard scuba destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom