Palm Computer LogBook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgPaddle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Again Gang,

Are there any divers here using any logbook software for their Palm Pilot's :fly: or IPAQ's? I've seen a couple of different logbook apps on the internet but I'm not sure of the quality and/or usefullness of them. Any comments would be appreciated.

:dieputer:

As Always, Thanks!

:drummer: (Yes, I like the icons, hehehe)

I have a bunch (ok, about 3) that I am trying out on my Palm. Go to www.tucows.com and search for scuba. The free one is as good as any, just my opinion of course! I am still waiting to find one that sync's up with a desktop application... now that would be perfect!

Here are some:

Dive Log 0.77
Dive Log is the perfect travel companion for the scuba diver. Dive Log features an easy-to-use, tabbed interface.
October 19th, 1999 Freeware 44.7K Download

ASDP 1.1
ASDP stands for Automatic Sports Dive Planner, and it helps certified divers with manual dive tables.
April 18th, 2000 Shareware 120.9K Download

Your Dive Log 1.0
Keep track of all of your dive info effortlessly!

ReefNet's DiveMaster for Palm. I think it cost me $20.00 from an online vendor. I can't remember which. It calculates SACs and is pretty complete.

I have a complete Desktop/PocketPC DiveLog system that I wrote, but to be honest, even I don't use it. I had it on a website along with a flight log program (I'm a pilot also) and offered it out for free, had about 500 downloads. Finally took it down, since I didn't use it, I didn't want to worry with upgrading it.

I quit using it because I downloaded data from my Aeris to my PC; never got around to interfacing my stuff with the Aeris data, and I found it was easier to just write in my logbook than tapping and clicking at a dive site. It would allow signatures, sketches, and jpg picture links, so it was neat, but even the tech head that I am couldn't really get into it for scuba.

Though I did take it down to 30' in an Aquapac once and play Pac-man!

If anyone wants it, I'll post it somewhere, you're welcome to it. You need MS Access 2000 to run on desktop if you want all the functionality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom