Panama City's Wreck of the Loss Pontoon, My 1st GO PRO Vid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosicman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So can someone identify the fish at 3:07-3:10ish. It looks like some sort of flounder or a squashed-flat rock fish. Or a cross between the two. Hope you enjoy!

Sunfish, I believe.

My guess is Gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta). What were the water temps around Panama City? Like your vid, lots of fish!

Do you have a flat lens housing or the standard housing?

I believe it's a batfish batfishpcbss.jpgbatfish.jpg I'm looking for a picture that has one swimming but you can probably google it to check

It was. Had a FB friend identify it. Thanks BTW. Where in S. AL? I see we're neighbors for the most part.

View attachment 132648
Hey! Batfish are so weird! I brought one home with me on my first dive & showed it to my son. He is like "get that away from me!" lol
I tried to dive the Loss, but a couple of jerks were freediving and didn't want to share the spot. We used some coordinates we found online, but didn't see any bottom relief on the fish finder. Would you mind sharing your coordinates, if you still have them? We just went on our second post-cert dive trip & bought a gopro and lost it near the blown up barge that same day. So very sad.... :(

~Alana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom