Panasonic 7-14mm wide angle behind the Olympus PPO-E04 dome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjdavo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

i'll looking at investing in an Oly setup for an OMD in the standard oly housing behind the amazing mineral glass PPO-E04 dome port.

can anyone advise if they have experience of using the Lumix 7-14 wide angle lens behind this dome? or offer any thoughts on whether this would work? the alternative is the 8mm fisheye which is a great lens, but seems a little slow to focus.

thanks!
Phil

Hi Phil,

---------- Post added February 12th, 2014 at 10:51 AM ----------

oops
Hi Phil,
Did you get anywhere with your set-up?
Am looking at the port as well
thx

Hi,

yes i did thanks. The dome is amazing! Works better with the 8mm fisheye though i would say. The 7-14 is a great lens, but can be a little soft on the edges at wide apertures.

good luck
Cheers
Phil

Have you tried the oly 9-18mm? Did you need to use the port extension ring or just the PAD-EP08? No zoom gear for the 7-14?
Thanks
Mark

Have you tried the oly 9-18mm? Did you need to use the port extension ring or just the PAD-EP08? No zoom gear for the 7-14?
Thanks
Mark

Hi, I've not used the 9-18 behind the dome, but my friend has, I dont think he removed the extension tube but its not that hard to do so your best bet would be to try it out and see what works best

Happy shooting!

Hi Phil,

Just to confirm that now you are using the Panasonic Lumix 8mm FE F3.5 behind the Olympus PPO-E04 dome port?
I'm thinking of getting the Lumix 8 mm FE too. Do you have to attach a sponge shade on the lens to suppressed the light coming from the internal flash within the housing?

Thanks for the info !

Wira

Back
Top Bottom