Panhandle Dive Locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to relocate 59 panhandle...recommendations on where to locate for reasonable local diving? Not looking for spectacular, but at least an area where there is interesting sights while I keep my skills up and get some additional speciality instructor certs added to my portfolio.

Also, any local adaptive diving operations? I am a Scubility and HSA Instructor.

If you are talking about the Florida panhandle then there is plenty of diving. Pensecola has the Oriskany. Panama City Beach has a lot of dive sites off shore as well. But my favorite is Mariana which has the Mill Pond. If you are looking for training and improving your dive skills just call Edd at Cave Adventurers. Let me know if you have something in particular in mind that

Not sure where the "59" came from, yes it is Florida. Thanks for the input. Seems like Pensacola area will also be good for flight connections through Miami.

Dr Dive sez: Mike, Pensacola is a great destination to visit, or a great location for settling down. We have well over a hundred charted dive sites, and many more that are off the public lists. We have a cadre of excellent instructors who can help with skill building and with expanding the specialty instructor resume. We even have certs you can't get elsewhere. We have shore and boat diving, and are reasonably close to several springs for cave/cavern training. Good opportunities here. Touch base when you have a chance if I can answer any questions.
Dr Dive
Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany
drdive@drdive.com

Ft. Pickens and Portofino in Pensacola for shore diving - Portofino is just so-so IMHO. St. Andrews in Panama City Beach is a great shorte dive. Every time I've tried to go boat diving out of Pensacola or PCB, we've gotten blown out - trying again next month with Dr. Dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom