Panhandle spring dives next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in the Santa Rosa Beach area this next week and was wondering if anyone wanted to dive either Morrison or Vortex springs on maybe wed or thurs? I have never dove either and would love the company of any locals. I will be with 2 other divers and welcome anyone who is interested.

I'm a Mon-Friday worker, but occasionally my work takes me into that area... I'll have to check the schedule, as its filled, for next week and get back to ya.

After looking into it a little, pretty sure we are going to give Vortex a try. The fact we can rent tanks and gear there is a big plus, as we are coming from out of town. I have all of the gear I need, but neither of the other two divers I will be with do. From what I have read Shane seems like a nice guy and is trying hard, so I will give it a go around. Anyone interested?

Shane's really trying to turn the place around, if you haven't been to Vortex, give it a whirl. Definately fun if you've never played around there. Fake, fiberglass, cave swimthru's, air bells to talk in, goldfish to look at.

If you're gonna be there more than a day, consider toting the tanks down to Morrison, its only 10 miles south. No reason not to enjoy both sites. The amenities are definately at Vortex.

Morrison is on my to-dive list as is Cypress. May not make them this trip, but no worries my family owns a condo in Santa Rosa Beach so I will be there many more times this year. From my understanding you need a canoe for Cypress? I would have to arrange to get one to our place in florida but would love to do it none the less. This summer I will be doing some of my TDI checkout dives in the Oriskany as well.

You can rent a canoe at Vortex.

It takes a canoe, kayak, or small motor boat(john boat, inflatable, ect) to get to Cypress. Land around the site is privately owned and not accessible to the public.

Going to be at Vortex at 8AM tomorrow morning, anyone is welcome to join. There will be 3 of us, 2 guys and one girl. We will be in a red honda civic if anyone is trying to find us. If your around, feel free to stop by and say hello!

I'm in New Orleans tomorrow and Wed and Mobile on Thurs and Friday, so I'm out for the week. Hope you guys/gal have fun though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom