Papua New Guinea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smith007:
We are due to leave for PNG 30 Aug - 23rd Sept (2 nights in Singapore). 1 week aboard Star dancer then Walindi Resort & Loloata. Would love to hear what time of year you went & what the diving was like + where you went after Star Dancer?

What malaria precautions / tabs did you take and any real side effects with multiple dives etc?

Thanks

My wife and I did Walindi mid October and had a great time, hospitality exceptional the diving was the best I had ever done.
There is no night life at all, other than diving the only other thing to do is walks and a visit to the hot river.

We both took Malarone, two days before arriving one every night with evening meal then for a week after we left. No side affects at all, 3 dives a day plus a couple of night dives

cdiver2:
My wife and I did Walindi mid October and had a great time, hospitality exceptional the diving was the best I had ever done.
There is no night life at all, other than diving the only other thing to do is walks and a visit to the hot river.

We both took Malarone, two days before arriving one every night with evening meal then for a week after we left. No side affects at all, 3 dives a day plus a couple of night dives
Thanks a ton to ALL of you who answered the questions regarding Malaria, PNG & Low altitude flying. Great being able to share these experiences :)

We will be in PNG from 3rd Sept - 22nd. Star Dancer for a week, Walindi Resort = 7 nights (no A/c - mosquito deterrent), Loloata Resort = 5 nights(no A/c) (hence the low altitude flying between resorts questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom