Paradise Springs Dive Report 10/18/2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I thought that there was a huge sand dollar in this picture. I must have been way narced. I certainly cannot find it now.

So I present a wonderful, generic, Paradise Springs wet rock.

Yay!

This is the last pic, thanks for viewing.

Peter

Cost: about $30, just like the other commercial sites in the area.

No, they don't require a cavern cert, but if any site in the area should be considered a cavern, this is it. In fact there are places inside that are technically outside the cavern limits but are still considered OW. If you're uncomfortable in Ginnie or the bottom of Blue Grotto I wouldn't suggest Paradise.

Ben

Looks great. GUess i need ot get there. Youre braver than I with the PP02 though. Didja hit 1.6?

The fee was $27 IIRC. We were diving there to practice for a cavern course.

I was using a Canon S45 with a hacked together UW filter. Worked pretty well.

We did not exceed 1.6PPO, we did blow right by 1.4 :)

My computer indicated that I had used 15% of my OTUs for the day.

It definitely is a cavern. The light is very visible throughout the cavern zone. The Ginnie ballroom is confining in comparison.

Peter

there is part of a marine iguana in the right hand stone about 50 ft down... and then there is that HUGE 18" sand dollar on the ceiling during your safety stop. It is a cavern... and gets into being a cave as well. I am surprised at the ease of using it.

Hey NetDoc -

I was wondering what that was. A big string of bones of some sort. I don't have a picture.

I found the huge sand dollar. I thought I had some pics of it. Oh well.

I really like Paradise. Very nice.

Peter

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom