Pardon me... I just have to vent...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepTechScuba once bubbled...
Scott, so what is really bugging you? Did somebody insult you somewhere on the board? Or did someone contradict what you posted?
<snip>

No... I'm not that thin skinned. It's just the process of trying to keep up with the board and reading thread after thread of whining about how instructors suck at teaching skills, the LDS sucks, online shops suck, DIR sucks, non-DIR sucks... etc. etc. etc. ~lol~ It's kinda like when someone keeps poking you in the shoulder for hours ~grin~

I dont take it personally when someone contradicts me. I just figure that the other person does not have a clue about what they are talking about! :)

Yeah! That's the ticket! ~lol~ There's only two of us on this board that are always right and I'm not entirely sure aobut one of them ~grin~

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Not only was your unintended self-deprecation funny but the positioning of your thread on the *get new posts* queue had me ROFL:

Pee valves for recreational diving
Pardon me... I just have to vent...

Yes, I see a number of shots taken at certain agencies, PADI seems first and foremost (due to sample size or actual practices?).

However I don't believe I've heard a single slam about Los Angeles County (my first real certification in 1969, eight years after I started diving). Sample size, maturity of those who passed the course or actual practices?

Dr. Bill

drbill once bubbled...
Yes, I see a number of shots taken at certain agencies, PADI seems first and foremost (due to sample size or actual practices?).

Scott, I agree with you 100%, but it's like any large group with one or more thing in common - ask 50 divers at the same location what the water is like, and how many different answers are you going to get?!

But sometimes, it's just fun to to slip a comment onto the DIR Board about equipment and watch the battle begin!! :wink:

A well, such is life.

I swear some people take up yammerin as a sport!

You should spend a day where I work...it's so yippy in there it makes you have to laugh. Then they all just kind of look at you like......what?

learn-scuba once bubbled...
It's a personal observation I just had to get off my chest and say out loud...

The level of cynicism about, and contempt for, various agencies, instructors, diving styles, gear configurations and business practices on this board is astounding.

It’s a serious turn-off.

It’s a shame there aren’t one or more areas on this board that prohibit bashing where people can just share their love of this sport without some sour grapes ####head carping about his or her personal pet peeve.

It really is a shame.

Okay.. back to your regularly scheduled personality conflicts...
Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one that feels this way. A lot of people can't seem to understand that you can disagree and still be respectful. I don't expect nor want conformity, but civility would be nice.

I agree that sometimes the agency bashing and general bickering gets to be a little much. Sometimes, to my shame, I get caught up in it, if I feel that someone has said something that is dangerous or dead wrong. Thank goodness, that this doesn't happen often.

For the most part, this is like a large family. You will always have the people in a large family who bicker. But, we are joined by a passion for a sport that while we don't all do the same way, we all try to perform as safely as possible for our way of doing things.

drbill,

There is one reason for the number of shots taken at LA County and at PADI - quality of standards. Much fewer shots at those with higher quality.

learn-scuba,

"It really is a shame."

I agree, but I think it's a shame some would have us turn a blind eye to serious safety concerns. Issues that kill divers are not issues I believe we should ignore in the spirit of harmony. Practices which are dangerous and the agencies and instructors who practice and condone those practices, I do hold in contempt.

Back
Top Bottom