Parking near A1A in LBTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algal bloom

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a question rattling around in my brain for a couple of months now. The lots off of Datura and Hibiscus seem to often have a broken meter or two (won't take coins). Once I parked there for a morning dive and felt obligated to move since I didn't pay. What is the policy on this? It seems like such a shame to let a good parking spot go to waste just because the meter won't take coins. Are you allowed to still park there without paying? Please help me with this moral dilemma!

Thanks!

Nate

Was there at Hibiscus yesterday. The meter closest to the beach had an out of order sign on it when we arrived. There was a SUV unloading gear and they then moved to park elsewhere. When we came out of the water and went back up to shower off, there was a meter lady there writing 2 kids on scooters a ticket. We caught the conversation between her & the kids. They explained that there was an out of order sign on the meter, she stated the meter was fine and that the sign was not placed there by her people and if the meter was out of order they should not have parked there. She also told them that they were allowed only one scooter per parking space and not the two that they had parked there. She proceeded to ruin their vacation by writing them a ticket for expired meter & illegal parking of the two scooters in one space. So I would say don't take the chance, the ticket just isn't worth it if you get caught.

Zuzanne

I was there last weekend and I know of the meter you refer to. Meter maid's people did not put the sign on the meter but one of the people staying at the building. The meter is in fact out of order. We tried it and it will only give 15 minutes no matter how many quarters are put in. Of course who knows how long it has been that way.

Chuck

The ones I've dealt with really don't even accept quarters. Last weekend the two I had fun with were on the SW corner of Datura and El Mar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom