Parking tips for Mcabee Beach.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking of diving Monday morning at Point Lobos, but if conditions looked less than ideal we were thinking of having Mcabee or BW as a backup. We've never dove Mcabee and were wondering how the parking situation works.

On google maps it looks like there's a parking lot for El Torritos nearby. How are they in terms of parking?
How's their menu as well? =P

the week end i know they make extra money on the parking with the divers... ($10 to park).

El Torito is the most convenient spot for divers, particularly if you don't want to bother feeding the meter.

Just show up and park. If there's an attendant on duty, you'll have to pay.

Good to know. Thanks you two!

There is also a parking lot across the street from El Torito. You have to pay but there is an attendent there all the time and you don't have to worry about your gear. The guy that runs it is named Oscar and he will usually park the divers up front so he can watch your cars. Also if you have him sign your ticket you can come and go all day and not have to pay again.

Last time I parked across the street from El Torito it was $12.00.

From a past post it seems like El Torito's parking lot is a hit or miss whether you get charged or not, assuming you ate lunch there.

If you pay at El Torito don't leave. I have done that and lost my spot and had to go somewhere else after paying 10$ to park.

Last time I parked across the street from El Torito it was $12.00.

From a past post it seems like El Torito's parking lot is a hit or miss whether you get charged or not, assuming you ate lunch there.

He raises his price as the day goes on, and more tourists arrive. Get there early, I've only ever paid $10.

Back
Top Bottom