Parrot Day...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
OK.. parrotfish can be hard to ID, what with the changing colors over life, etc... Here are a few, some snoozing at night, that I can't seem to match up exactly with my textbooks or on fishbase.org...

The blue and black one was off St. Croix, the other three were off Cozumel...

I put my dollar on juvenile stoplight parrotfish (bit of red in the tail.)
I've seen em change colors quite quickly too.

Yes, DiveLog is my product. Started as a personal project, but then my dive buddies said I should distribute it....

maractwin:
Yes, DiveLog is my product. Started as a personal project, but then my dive buddies said I should distribute it....

EXCELLENT product... I'm going to try it with the Suunto cable that just arrived today, will register it...

I can't even IMAGINE going back to a PC now... I have macs at work, my laptop never leaves my side, both my sons have powerbooks (the older one just got his open water certification last week!).

I do need to figure out how to import my dives... I have about 150 logged in my own FilemakerPro database. I guess I need to do an XML export. I also keep thumbnails from a few photos for each dive linked to the dive record- would be good to incorporate that as well, but I guess that's a bigger job!

Thanks so much for writing great Mac software!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom