Partial Pressure Blending Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was recently looking for a copy of the blending chart that uses the want/have/need/ boxes for trimix. TDI has a nitrox one in the blending manual but I couldn't find one for trimix.
So I put together this simple spreadsheet and thought I would post it here in case anyone else could find it useful.

Attachments

• trimix blender.xlsx
    15.9 KB · Views: 220
I
I have to admit I didn't check your worksheet, but is it based on the ideal gas law, or do you include van der Waals coefficients as well?

ideal gas law formula. If you do any amount of blending you will find the accuracy is sufficient for the mixes we use. People get wrapped up in multi decimal place accuracy then use analog pressure gauges to mix and dodgy cells to analyze. Really for what we do in diving if the O2 is within 1% and the helium is within 5% it make little different in the outcome of the dive.

If you do any amount of blending you will find the accuracy is sufficient for the mixes we use.
Depends on your tank pressure. Over here, 300 bar tanks aren't uncommon, and if you fill to 300 non-ideality is an issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom