Parting out Davey Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba One

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 of the military surplus Davey 15 cfm Compressors I feel are ready to be parted out. Both are diesel and the engines run fine. In both cases the auto drain systems quit, so I plumbed them to drain manually, and over time it appears this is not enough to keep them clean. Is anyone interested in the parts or complete that knows more about them than me and can either fix them or use the parts? ph: 701-667-1312 or scubaone@scubaone.com.

I'd hate to see you part them out just because your auto drains don't work. It is easy enough to add on the cheap electric ones that work just fine.

I installed a manual drain off the moisture trap between the two filter canisters and turn on the little valve that comes off the moisture trap on the other side off the last of the 4 canisters on that side so it drips scum all the time. Where else do I need to drain the moisture to keep the scum out of the oil and air?

Most of the water is made in the first stage, so ou need a drain between the first and second stage. Some water is made in the second stage, so you need a drain between the second and third stage. A bit less water is made in the third stage, so you need a drain between the third and forth stage, and lots of water comes out of the moisture separator, after the 4th stage, so you need a drain there. The drains you currently have (if I understand you correctly) don't do a damn thing for you.

Back
Top Bottom