Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathleen,
I obtained an old Back Inflate BC. The fitting that attaches to the bladder has come off. I am told that the elbow was originally glued to the bladder. I was looking at parts on line and it appears that your company sells parts that could make this work. The circle that the air fill hose elbow goes into is 1" in diameter. I want to know what size hole your replacement parts will fit. If I bought the inner and outer flange and new Inflation Assembly, 16-inch hose, Remote Exhaust Elbow, w/BC2055 and a Bladder Flange Assy - Includes Inner, Outer, & Gskt would they work with a bladder with a 1" diameter opening?
Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Here are my photos http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/136414 of this.

Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

It should work. Our inflator is also 1-inch, however what we don't know for sure is if the threads will match. If you can work with your local Dive Rite dealer, they can pull a assembly off a wing or may have a spare in stock to see if it will match.

That would be the best bet or just make sure you can return the hose assembly from the dealer you purchase from in case it won't work.

Best,
Kathleen

Chris

Looking at your pictures, it looks like you will need the whole assembly. It includes all three plastic threaded connectors as well as the elbow and probably a rubber washer/seal. Assembly is easier with a special tool but it can be done without it.

I believe I ordered what you and AWAP have suggested. I ordered BC2807-16 Inflation Assembly, 16-inch hose, Remote Exhaust Elbow, w/BC2055 (power inflator) and FXBC2700 Bladder Flange Assy - Includes Inner, Outer, & Gskt, from Dive Rite Express. Does that sound like all I need?
And thanks for the help.
Chris

The parts came, have been installed seem to work. Now just need to water test them. Thanks to all who offered assistance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom